Thursday, February 07, 2008

Knitting Site...another neat site for me to cruise.

and I'm amazed that I only found it recently.

www.ravelry.com

For those of you who are knitters, crocheters, spinners, designers...and have never been to Ravelry, check it out! I had to wait about 3 months for an invitation to join and be able to sign on, but it was worth the wait! There are 72,879 members, and I can't imagine how many groups one can sign up for with the site. There are 130 pages of groups...just for starters. I started a page for Costa Rica Knitters, and there are 7 knitters registered on the Ravelry, who have identified living in CR. Who knows how many others there are, unidentified, hiding in the land of cyberspace. There are projects, in process and finished, stashes, yarns for sale, and the list never ends. Ravelry has a place to list all the knitting/crocheting books, well, most of them, in my library, like Librarything.com, some are still being added to their data base. Can you imagine the volume of people online at one time is well over 2000+? Free patterns are a nice sidebar too, millions that there are! I am so excited! It means another neat site for me to cruise...

No comments: