Monday, August 25, 2008

Ravelympics are over, and these were my events!





I was right down to the wire with the Cables & Bits for Sunni! (The Lime & Lemon one) I had made Ginger's Cables & Bits (Orange & Lemon), last month. I do not do well in competitions, and on time lines, with Knitting. I am a process Knitter, and do it for the shear 'JOY' of knitting. I like to really relax and will take out any little mistake and even larger ones, numerous times, until I get it right. So having a died line just killed me. But at least I know now, not to over-commit with a challenge in Knitting. I did the Monkey pattern Socks also, and I loved them. The pattern was fun, and I love the effect the color combo had when they were finished too. Merino wool is my favorite yarn to knit socks from, and they feel so nice on too.



Our Knitting S&B is going so well! We usually have 6 to 10 ladies each week now, and some just come to visit while we stitch. Everyone brings whatever they are stitching that week, and we have such fun, oooowwwing and ahhhhhing over each others work. Some gals are 'regulars', and some come when they can, as well as the ones who are not 'officially' living here yet. They come for a few weeks, and then we will see them again when they return for their next visit. And we share tips and information about living in Costa Rica, as well as what we want from the states when the next person visits. What a wonderful group of friends to share our lives with!

August has been absolutely beautiful! We have had such clear, crisp mornings, sunshine all day, and the rain seems to fall later in the evenings now. This was my favorite month last year too. The temperature has been perfect, 70's-80's in the day, and high 60's at night. Perfect sleeping weather too. As we move into September, we know the rain will increase, and so I am enjoying the sun each day. It is great sitting out on the patio, and breathing in the fresh, gorgeous days. My pups soak up the sun, and nap away, while I knit. The B&B is slow now, so I am enjoying the rest, before it starts to pick up again. The hens are laying more and more eggs, 17 yesterday, and I am cooking with with the freshest eggs. NavCafe is carrying my cakes now, and I hope to be able to put them in the souvenir shop near here soon too. It gives me something fun to do, and gets me out with new people also.

Sundays at NavCafe are always great too. Joe's Jazz band is most enjoyable, listening and visiting with friends, and having a great salad lunch, what more could I ask for. If you have not come out for the mid-day Jazz session, do join us. The Jazz band had been in San Ramon for several months now, but will be moving over to Palmares, Sunday, August 31st. Daniel will not longer be servicing the NavCafe in San Ramon, though it will still be open, under a different manager, so Daniel asked Joe's band to move over to the NavCafe in Palmares. I'm sure it will be just as great there, and many have started coming from the Heredia are now too, so this will make it a little closer for them also. Only a couple miles farther east for the regulars from here to go.

Last week, I had the pleasure of hosting a film crew at the B&B, and they were such a delight. They shot the B&B, and a coffee farm located in Berlin, near here. They were with the online women's travel magazine, Galavanting! They filmed a group of us, women living in Costa Rica. It was a fun interview, and after checking out the website, I was very impressed with the quality and vast concept of this new venture. The gals are young, vivacious entrepreneurs with a desire to see the world through a 'women's perspicuous'. The website has so much to offer, from tips, to blogs, to a community forum. If you have not checked out the site, you will be pleasantly surprised at the information available.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Your puppies look adorable in their sweaters!! :)

The Monkey socks turned out great!