Friday, April 18, 2008

Guisel's Birthday Party



We had such a wonderful party for Guisel. She is 22 years old now, and oh to be that age and know what I know also. Not possible, I know. I made a TX cake for her and of course we all enjoyed it, and there was even some left over for the men when they got home. Guisel cried when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her, both in Spanish and English. Ualsi is one of the neighbors and has 2 little boys who are just darling. Rachel loves to play with them, but gets jealous when they want to play with her ball. They have so little and are so happy a people, that I am so dumb struck from time to time. I wish I would have thought to get some ice cream for the party too. They are always so grateful for anything one does for them. The gifts they give me are so heart felt, and I can only imagine the price they pay from their heart. I truly feel like a member of their family. They worry about me, and watch over me as if I were. It warms my heart.

No comments: